Barcelona is known for its mixture of cultures, its freshness, its cosmopolitain atmosphere and at the same time famous for its edgy architecture especially that of Antoni Gaudí, and here are a few curiosities about him:
- Gaudí wasn´t the first architect to undertake the construction of the Sagrada Familia, but he was certainly the most emblematic.
- In 1883 he started the project for which during his last years, was the only one he dedicated to.
- After his death, all the architects who decided to go along with Gaudís original idea guided themselves by the drawings and drafts he had left of what he had wanted the Sagrada Familia to be.
- Today, over 100 years later, the cathedral is still under construction, because it can only advance via people´s donations.
- Wanting to represent one of the most important scenes of catholic Christian religion, it has gone from being a religious symbol to one of Barcelona´s most famous landmarks and something for the inhabitants of the city to be proud of.